We are looking for 5 Recovery Practitioners to join our new team at The Joel Centre. The team will be responsible for a small, high-quality, harm reduction, residential service for seven persons who have recently experienced rough sleeping and have problematic issues around drugs and alcohol.
DUTIES INCLUDE: Front line resident support, key-working and day to day running of the Joel Centre (in the grounds of St Peter's Church, Kingston).
Organisation: Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness (KCAH)
Location: Kingston upon Thames
Hours: 36 hrs/week (24/7 rota including evening, weekend and sleepover duties.
Contract type: One-year fixed term with 26 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays. A pension scheme is available.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 13th January 2021 at 23:59 hours
Interview date: Week of 18th January 2021
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
Candidates who can communicate with people in a friendly and welcoming manner. You will need to be reliable, enthusiastic, empathic and a selfstarter. You will be dealing with vulnerable people living in a community setting who have committed to a structured day programme designed to help them reduce or become abstinent from drug and alcohol in a positive, strength-based way. You will be working in a busy, sometimes challenging service environment and where you will be required to manage and resolve conflict appropriately. The aim will also be to work with residents so that they can move on successfully.
- Operating daily office and domestic procedures.
- Ensuring that residents and the building are safe and secure through regular checks and monitoring.
- Delivering personal support plan goals under the guidance of the Enhanced Recovery Practitioners.
- Encouraging the skills, confidence and aspirations of residents through empowerment and positive contact with them.
- Working with residents to give them the best opportunities to move on and resettle from the service in a timely and appropriate way.
- Contributing to the aims of the service.
- Working in partnership with other agencies to maximise service delivery.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download and fill out an application form (see below). Return by Wednesday 13th January 2021, via email to: email@example.com or by post to Recruitment, KCAH, St Peter’s Church Hall, London Road, Kingston KT2 6QL.